Port Assistant - Gourock
Employing Company: CalMac Ferries Limited
Position: Seasonal Port Assistants until October 2017
Location: Gourock Ferry Terminal
Rate of Pay: £9.68 Per Hour
Contracted Hours: 16 per week
Closing Date: 2 July 2017
Applications are invited for the position of Port Assistant based at Gourock Ferry Terminal.
Reporting to the Port Manager, you will need a flexible approach to your day-to-day responsibilities. Your duties will include;
• All duties relating to port/vessel interface.
• Customer enquiries.
• Sales/collection of passenger/vehicle tickets.
• Cash handling.
• Use of VHF and PA Systems.
• Control of passengers and vehicles embarking and disembarking from vessels.
• Any other duties required by the Port Manager.
You must be computer literate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are expected to have a flexible approach to working, as shift and weekend work will be involved.
You must be customer focused, have a clear understanding of the customer interface and have a proactive approach to customer care.
The successful candidate must be able to commute to the Gourock Ferry Terminal on a daily basis.
Please apply online no later than 2 July 2017.