Procurement Manager (Fixed Term)
Employing Company: CalMac Ferries Limited
Position: Procurement Manager (Fixed Term)
Rate of Pay: Manager Grade 1
Contracted Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Closing Date: 22 September 2017
Applications are invited for the position of Procurement Manager (Fixed Term) based at the Gourock office. You will report to the Head of Procurement.
• Formulate, negotiate and manage a defined range of market areas to secure the best terms, conditions and financial outcome for the Company
• Administer the commercial aspects of contracts including supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, recommendation, placement, variation management, claim management and performance monitoring
• Maintain market knowledge of all areas of expenditure and assist in developing supply chain strategies that will underpin Company objectives
• Assist in monitoring supply market relationships, externally and internally and act as subject expert
• Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategies, deliverables and agreed targets for a defined range of market areas and ensure risks are understood, managed and promulgated
• Provide regular and pro-active liaison and support to internal and external customers to enable best practice to be achieved throughout Company wide contracts and further the development of the Company Purchasing System in conjunction with other Departments.
• Assist with identifying top common areas of transactional activity and agree appropriate Procurement strategies for each area and establish new arrangements to minimise transactional activity
• Ensure all materials procured meet the Company's requirements of suitability for purpose, quality, safety and price and continually monitor and assess Suppliers to ensure they are providing a service in accordance with their contractual obligations
• Assist in establishing a strategy that achieves targeted savings, performance improvement and supplier rationalisation
• Responsible for reviewing all relevant Legislation, rules and procedures and recommend areas of change
• Undertake other duties as directed
• Degree and/or relevant professional qualification and significant contract experience desirable
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or equivalent qualification is desirable
• Experience of conducting major Contract negotiations is essential
• Proven track record of delivering optimum results in a multi faceted Procurement operation together with a comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain governance desirable
• Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and contract processes including European and National Legislation
• Awareness of new technological and best practice advances in Supply chain
• Good knowledge and experience of Public Sector Procurement and technical related procurement would be beneficial.
Please apply below, submitting your CV, no later than 22 September 2017.