Ref: 1099-SB Port Assistant - Port Ellen & Port Askaig
Employing Company: CalMac Ferries Limited
Position: Port Assistant
Contract: Fixed Term Until 31 May 2018
Location: Port Ellen & Port Askaig
Rate of Pay: £10.06 per hour
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Date Advertised: 07 February 2018
Closing Date: 24 February 2018
Applications are invited for the position of Port Assistant based at Port Ellen and Port Askaig until 31 May 2018.
Reporting to the Harbour Manager, you will need a flexible approach to your day-to-day responsibilities. Your duties will include;
• All duties connected with ship movements, gangways and securing of vessels.
• Customer enquiries.
• Sales/collection of passenger/vehicle tickets.
• Cash handling.
• Use of VHF and PA Systems.
• Control of passengers and vehicles embarking and disembarking from vessels.
• Any other duties required by the Harbour/Port Manager.
You must be computer literate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You must have the ability to work with initiative as a self-starter, with minimum supervision.
You are expected to have a flexible approach to working, as shift and weekend work will be involved.
You must be customer focused, with a clear understanding of the customer interface and have a proactive approach to customer care.
The successful candidates must be able to commute to Port Ellen and Port Askaig Ferry Terminal on a daily basis.