Ref: 624-SG Small Ferry Motorman/Class 4 Engineer
Employing Company: Caledonian MacBrayne Crewing (Guernsey) Limited
Position: Motorman or Class 4 Engineer (depending on successful candidates qualification)
Location: Small Ferry Division
Annual Salary: £38,150 or £46,063 dependent on qualifications
Shift Pattern: 1 week on/1 week off
Date Advertised: 10 December 2018
Closing Date: 24 December 2018
Applications are invited for the position of Motorman/Class 4 Engineer, to sail within CalMac Ferries Ltd Small Ferry Division.
Responsible to the Skipper for a number of duties crucial to the operation of the vessel, including complying with the requirements of the Company Management System (including ISM code), reporting any technical problems or breakdown affecting its operation, to the Technical Superintendent. You will be responsible for keeping all on board machinery and equipment maintenance up to date. This includes daily monitoring all machinery spaces and maintaining them in a clean, dry and safe condition.
The successful candidate must:
• Have all relevant STCW Certificates
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FP&FF)
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- - Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Have a valid ENG1 Medical Certificate (MCA Approved)
• Strong technical experience
• Be able to work competently with word and excel documents
- Possession of III/1 Officer of the Watch (Class IV Motor) Certificate of Competency would be advantageous
- Technical experience in a marine environment would be advantageous
- Experience of working with 415 volt 3 phase electrical supply/equipment/systems and 250 bar hydraulic components/systems
- Previous experience on a CalMac Vessel
- You must be customer focused
- Have a clear understanding of the customer interface
- Have a proactive approach to customer care
Candidates should be aware that they may be allocated to a specific route, or to the Small Ferries Pool.
A shift pattern will apply and this will normally consist of one week on/one week off.
This role will run during our summer season which is between March and October 2018. You must have no holidays booked within this time.
Not all contracts will run for the full summer season.