Ref: 1334-SB Business Analyst
Employing Company: CalMac Ferries Limited
Position: Business Analyst
Contract Type: Permanent
Rate of Pay: Manager Grade 2 (£29,776 - £43,454)
Closing Date: 28 March 2019
Applications are invited for the position of Business Change Analyst.
Working as a Business Analyst in the Application Support & Improvement Team within our IT department, you will be a key liaison between IT & all Business Units. Ideally you will have an excellent understanding of end to end project delivery including; business case development; requirements gathering; process mapping; workshop facilitation & creation of project documentation. Previous experience on e-commerce/ digital related projects such as O365, ERPs or CRMs will be advantageous, together with an understanding of different delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc...)
We are looking for a flexible team player with excellent enthusiasm and communication skills who is able to adapt to different scenarios and with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff as well as with external suppliers.
- Liaise extensively with all business areas, stakeholders, external suppliers & all members of the IT team at various levels.
- Analyse and gather business requirements and definition of functional changes to design solutions.
- Engage with key stakeholders and confidently facilitate multi-level workshops across all business areas.
- Determine technical and business suitability of proposed requirements with relevant IT review boards, external developers and other relevant team members and provide recommendations.
- Validate proposed solutions with business representatives and technical team to ensure solutions and restrictions are clearly understood & meet user expectations.
- Define and document solutions and changes producing comprehensive documentation supported by structured analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Work closely with external suppliers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Drive the delivery of functionality agreed with business representatives by liaising with external suppliers, testers & the internal IT team.
- Planning and working flexibly to ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Provide support to testing throughout the project lifecycle.
- On-going involvement in the implementation of new systems.
- Creation of user manuals.
- Support transition of projects/changes to operational teams.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Qualification in a recognised Business Analysis certification.
- Demonstrable experience of delivery using a variety of different methodologies
- Experience of business change.
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong Interpersonal, Engagement & Facilitation skills
- Good understanding of testing methodologies
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing business requirements.
- Good networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, proactive & self-motivated person with strong organizational planning & interpersonal skills.
- Logical & objective.
- Good understanding of business environments.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Have high attention to detail.
- ITIL v 3 Foundation/Intermediate accredited is desirable