Ref: 1393-SB Port Assistant - Colonsay
Employing Company: CalMac Ferries Limited
Position: Port Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term - 12 months
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Contracted Hours: 14 hours per week Summer / 10 hours per week Winter
Date Advertised: 07 June 2019
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
Applications are invited for the position of Port Assistant based at Colonsay.
Reporting to the Port Manager, you will need a flexible approach to your day-to-day responsibilities. Your duties will include:
• Good understanding of the CalMac services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good practical experience of customer services
• Ability to work with initiative as a self-starter, without supervision
• Reservations and issuing of tickets
• Willingness to be a team player in a dynamic, proactive, high tension environment
• Liaise with other port staff to ensure that there is a high level of proactive communication and coordination of activity
• Processing verbal feedback
• Customer Enquiries
• Use of VHF and PA Systems
• Control of passengers and vehicles embarking and disembarking from vessels.
• Providing clear and concise direction to all passengers and vehicles embarking and disembarking the vessels
• Any other duties required by the Port Manager
You must be computer literate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You are expected to have a flexible approach to working, as shift and weekend work will be involved. You must be customer focused, have a clear understanding of the customer interface and have a proactive approach to customer care.
The successful candidate must be able to commute to Colonsay Ferry Terminal on a daily basis.