Ref: 1441-SB Procurement Manager
EMLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Procurement Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Procurement
VACANCY REF: 1441-SB
CONTRACT: Fixed Term - 12 months
GRADE: Manager Grade 1 - £38,623 to £54,720 depending on experience
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 06 September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2019
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave
• Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Identify, develop and deliver value for money and best practice through a portfolio of Supply Markets. Responsible for strategic sourcing and delivery of significant savings identified from a defined range of market areas. This role will be key in delivering contracts that meet the needs of the internal customers while realising a reduction in the cost of providing goods and services across a complex and varied network.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASK
• Formulate, negotiate and manage a defined range of market areas to secure the best terms, conditions and financial outcome for the Company
• Administer the commercial aspects of contracts including supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, recommendation, placement, variation management, claim management and performance monitoring
• Maintain market knowledge of all areas of expenditure and assist in developing supply chain strategies that will underpin Company objectives
• Assist in monitoring supply market relationships, externally and internally and act as subject expert
• Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategies, deliverables and agreed targets for a defined range of market areas and ensure risks are understood, managed and promulgated
• Provide regular and pro-active liaison and support to internal and external customers to enable best practice to be achieved throughout Company-wide contracts and further the development of the Company Purchasing System in conjunction with other Departments
• Assist with identifying top common areas of transactional activity and agree appropriate Procurement strategies for each area and establish new arrangements to minimise transactional activity
• Ensure all materials procured meet the Company's requirements of suitability for purpose, quality, safety and price and continually monitor and assess Suppliers to ensure they are providing a service in accordance with their contractual obligations
• Assist in establishing a strategy that achieves targeted savings, performance improvement and supplier rationalisation
• Responsible for reviewing all relevant Legislation, rules and procedures and recommend areas of change
• Undertake other duties as directed
• Experience of conducting major Contract negotiations
• Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and contract processes including European and National legislation
• Awareness of new technological and best practice advances in Supply Chain
• Good knowledge and experience of Public Sector Procurement
• Experience of working within a change project/ environment
• Practical knowledge of delivering contracts/ agreements
• Degree and /or relevant professional qualification and significant contract experience
• Member of the Charted Institute of Purchasing and Supplies or equivalent qualification
• Proven track record of delivering optimum results in a multi-faceted Procurement operation together with a comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain governance
• Technical/ Engineering experience and knowledge
• Good communication and stakeholder engagement experience
Personal Qualities and Attributes
• Good initiative skills; ability to get started and work independently when necessary, and to come up with ideas and carry them out
• Flexible and open to change, with a focus on continual improvement
• Adaptable, coping with change and unstructured environments at ease
• A team player with a good sense of humour and the ability to work on their own initiative
• Have a strong work & environmental ethic and eagerness to develop solutions to problems
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.