Ref: 1444-SB Contract and Vendor Coordinator
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Contract and Vendor Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: IT / Vendor Management
REPORTS TO: Head of PMO and Vendor Management
VACANCY REF: 1444-SB
ANNUAL SALARY: Manager Grade 2 - £29,776 to £43,454 depending on experience
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
DATE ADVERTISED: 06 September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2019
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave
• Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
In this role, it will be important that you are articulate, highly organised, financially aware, and with an eye for detail in a challenging and varied role. Stakeholder engagement and the management of expectations are key to success. This role will undertake the coordination and support of the management and control of IT expenditure ensuring that records are maintained and controlled.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASK
• Ownership of the coordination and prioritisation of mobile phone requests as well as mobile phone tracking, usage, and billing activities
• Ensuring that software licence purchases are logged, tracked, and coordination of audit activities in support of the organisation to ensure the best and most cost-effective use of our software assets
• Assist in the control of spend on mobile data across the network and working to control the spend across the network
• Provision of management reporting information for IT contract and vendor management activities identifying opportunities for savings
• Assist in supporting the Contract and Vendor Managers with service review activities, contract renewals, improvement initiatives
• Work closely with procurement in selecting the appropriate terms and conditions with associated service level agreements, and forms of contract needed for procuring software, hardware and services driving value to CalMac
• Support strategies to achieve targeted savings, performance improvement and supplier
• Administrative experience in organising meetings, preparing reports, tracking expenditure
• Experience of managing third parties and third-party services and the ability to demonstrate a commercial focus
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Customer focussed customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Able to manage confidential and sensitive information
• Able to manage and prioritise tasks efficiently
• Financial awareness and analysis
• Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Excel
• University degree in related field
• Passion for reporting and analysis
Personal Attributes and Traits
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Self-starter with a passion for continuous improvement and a desire to develop their skill set
• Work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships
• Flexibility, adaptability and openness to change, with a focus on continual improvement
• Drive to put energy into achieving results and taking action to exceed goals and expectations
• Integrity and passion in delivering change in the right way
• Demonstrates a "can do" attitude
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.