Ref: 1445-SB Contract and Supplier Coordinator
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Contract and Supplier Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Asset Management
REPORTS TO: Contract and Supplier Manager
VACANCY REF: 1445-SB
CONTRACT: Fixed Term - 8 months
GRADE: Manager Grade 2 - £29,776 to £43,454 depending on experience
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5 hours per week
DATE ADVERTISED: 06 September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2019
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave
• Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Asset Management in CalMac will deliver world class operational excellence, evolving through the life of the CHFS2 contract. It will embrace a continuous improvement ethos; restructure relationships with key partners and suppliers; provide the organization and technology, and empower colleagues to efficiently, effectively and proactively maintain the operational fleet
The Contracts & Suppliers Coordinator within the Asset Management team will provide key support to the Contract Supplier Manager, responsible for delivery of commercial support to the technical teams delivering vessel overhauls.
This will involve provision of positive and proactive working with Technical Managers and yard supplier representatives. The position holder will also work proactively with internal stakeholders including Procurement, Finance, QHSE etc. to ensure that the department meets its obligations to support CalMac policy and reporting processes.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Work with the Contracts & Supplier Manager (CSM) define key priorities, actions and requirements and ensure these are translated into delivery of commercial support for the coming overhaul season
• Commercial documentation and information is prepared in advance and in good time to ensure that milestones for overhaul contracting are completed to target milestones
• Organise contract management and review events in conjunction with the CSM
• Ensure internal procedure are completed in time to ensure contracts are awarded on time (e.g. purchase orders raised, approved and appropriately actioned
• Communicate proactively with purchase ledger to inform them if there are delays invoicing payment, or disputes with funds being withheld payment
• Support and attend yard meetings as required (pre-docking & post docking) meetings
• All commercial information is correctly stored and retrievable for future reference
• Commercial data and information are collated and utilised to provide reporting and performance analysis of commercial aspects of overhaul
• Manage and collate feedback of yard performance by CalMac personnel ensuring that any significant shortfalls are flagged for follow up action at contract management/ review meetings
• Proactively identify service concerns within the business and identify opportunities for improvement
• Support the resolution of warranty and guarantee issues and ensure these a timeously dealt with and follow-up actions are logged and implemented
• Provide key data and information on yard performance to finance for reporting purposes
• The role holder will provide support with activities of other third party CalMac suppliers are required by the needs of the business
• Ideally qualified to HNC level in business, or commercial subjects; or, demonstrate experience in commercial or business activity in a high value engineering, or marine environment
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of competence in support for commercial & contract management activities
• Be able to demonstrate an ability to foster close working relationships both internally and with external suppliers and partners
• Demonstrate experience and/ or understanding of marine industry contracting conventions and processes
• Be capable of analytical and commercial problem solving, coupled with good communication, influencing and collaborative working skills
• Strong MS office skills are essential (especially MS Excel)
• Experience of working in a Marine related industry
Personal Attributes and Traits
• A strong interest in business, commerce or fiscal management
• Flexible - open to change, with a focus on continual improvement.
• Takes initiative - perceive what is necessary to be accomplished and proceed to proceed to effect solutions
• Wants a challenge - comfort and willingness to attempt difficult tasks or goals
• Enthusiastic - eager and excited towards one's goals
• Persistent - tenacity in working toward objectives, despite encountering significant obstacles
• Organised - the tendency to place and maintain order in an environment, or situation.
• Collaborative - the tendency to collaborate with others when making decisions
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.