Ref 660-SG Senior Catering Rating
EMPLOYING COMPANY: Caledonian MacBrayne Crewing (Guernsey) Limited
JOB TITLE: Senior Catering Rating
VACANCY REF: 660-SG
LOCATION: Western Isles
SHIFT PATTERN: 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
DATE ADVERTISED: 01 November 2019
CLOSING DATE: 11 November 2019
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
Caledonian MacBrayne Crewing (Guernsey) Limited is an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Employer. As such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all. We will ensure all applicants that declare a disability and/or Specific Learning Difference (SpLD), who meet the essential criteria for the post, will be invited to attend for interview.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01475 650144.
CALEDONIAN MACBRAYNE CREWING (GUERNSEY) LIMITED
Caledonain MacBrayne Crewing (Guernsey) Limited employs and supplies all sea going staff to CalMac Ferries Limited. There are currently 33 ferries serving 52 ports on 29 routes providing 145,000 sailings per year.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us.
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALEDONAIN MACBRAYNE CREWING (GUERNSEY) LIMITED
• Rewarding career
• A competitive Salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 4 weeks rostered leave per-annum
• Potential to work in widely diverse workplaces and location
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Applications are invited for the temporary position of Senior Catering Rating, to sail within the Caledonian MacBrayne fleet. As a Senior Catering Rating, you will support the on-board retail operations Head of Department in providing comprehensive on-board retail and catering services that enables the company to achieve its customer and business objectives.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Provide onboard retail and catering service to a standard that enables the company to achieve its customer and business objectives
• You must be customer focused, have a clear understanding of the customer interface and have a proactive approach to customer care.
• Work as part of the catering team to provide efficient and effective service to passengers and crew
• Must be able to adapt to a wide range of tasks as required within the catering department
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the vessel and passenger areas
• You must be qualified to STCW 95 and be in possession of a valid ENG1 medical certificate.
• Possession of an Elementary Food Hygiene certificate.
• The successful candidates should have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Previous retail, catering or hospitality experience.
• STCW certification as per Major Vessel Certification Requirements
• Experience of kitchen / galley food preparation
• Cook Certificate Part 1 (or comparable)
Post Specific Criteria
• Be proactive and anticipate customer needs and be responsive when dealing with customer requests.
• Adhere to the company's cash control, stock control and fiscal security procedures
• Be prepared to work in any service area on-board the vessel
• Undertake emergency response duties as required
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
Review competency to ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards as per competencies outlined in the essential and desirable criteria.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references