Ref 1443-SB Projects Technical Manager (Electrical)
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CalMac Ferries Limited
JOB TITLE: Projects Technical Manager (Electrical bias)
DEPARTMENT: Asset Management
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager
VACANCY REF: 1443-SB
CONTRACT: Fixed Term - 24 Months
GRADE: Senior Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5 hours per week
DATE ADVERTISED: 04 November 2019
CLOSING DATE: 18 November 2019
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01475 650144.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us.
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• Rewarding career
• A competitive Salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave
• Potential to work in widely diverse workplaces and locations
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this role will provide electrical support for project work related to vessel improvements, modifications, upgrades and specific in-house projects.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Working closely with project managers, technical manager's, superintendents, vessel crews and asset support to develop tender proposals, specifications and project plans in conjunction with the vessel improvement program
• Support production of monthly reports to CMAL and any required reports for Asset Management Director and the PMO
• To carry out project specification, vendor bid assessments, project planning, developing and meeting project budgets, project implementation, setting up Monitoring and Information systems which will be transferred to Business as usual on the completion of the project
• To ensure that correct process and governance are adhered to with public procurement rules to ensure timely purchase and installation of required equipment
• Establishing, budget, cost control and supervision of suppliers and contractors to ensure all equipment installation and commissioning work is carried out with the objective of achieving a fully reliable and operational systems to the agreed specification
• Maintain strong relationships with all business departments and partners including CMAL, service delivery, finance, procurement and HSQE
• Ideally, candidate shall hold an electrical engineering qualification HNC/HND
• Minimum of 10 years ship building and / or ship repair experience although those with transferrable skill sets will be considered i.e. offshore experience
• Design, construction and commissioning experience
• Be able to organise personal workloads in response to priorities
• Capable of managing projects from conception through to final completion.
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of competence in all aspects of project and commercial
• Good initiative skills; ability to get started and work independently when necessary, and to come up with ideas and carry them out
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
We will review competencies to ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards as per competencies outlined in the job role.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.