Ref 1485-SB Early Careers Manager
EMPLOYING COMPANY: DAVID MACBRAYNE HR (UK) LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Early Careers Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Learning & Development
VACANCY REF: 1485-SB
RATE OF PAY: Manager Grade 2 (£30,550 - £44,585)
LOCATION: Gourock (with network travel as required)
DATE ADVERTISED: 26 November 2019
CLOSING DATE: 10 December 2019
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01475 650144.
CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award-winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CALMAC FERRIES LIMITED
• A rewarding career
• A competitive salary
• Excellent training, development and career progression
• 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
• Potential to work anywhere in the company's network.
• Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependents
Applications are invited for the position of Early Careers Manager to work within the Learning and Development department.
Reporting to the Head of Learning and Development, the Early Careers Development Manager is responsible for defining and delivering the Early Careers Strategy and plan/framework.
The role will align existing and future early career programmes to enable the attraction, development and progression of early career talent. It involves an ongoing review of apprenticeship and other early career development requirements to support the organisation capability, succession and resource planning.
The role provides early career talent expertise and applies a best practice approach in identifying and developing innovative talent pipelines across our local communities.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Partnering with internal and external stakeholders create, define and implement an Early Careers programme that builds a talent pipeline for the organisation by applying best practice at all times.
• Accountable for the end to end early careers experience define, design and deliver the full life cycle of early career journeys including attraction, recruitment and selection, induction, development and learning plans.
• Through a combination of consultation with internal stakeholders and external insight, identify and define where early career programmes are most suitable to address critical skill shortages, capability and succession gaps in the organisation.
• Support the early career population on their pathways including performance tracking, day to day contact and supporting their line managers/mentors
• Manage initiatives and build strong long-term relationships with schools/colleges/feeder organisations to increase awareness of CalMac, our early career opportunities and to build awareness of STEM and maritime career opportunities. This includes attendance at relevant networking events and insights days where the CalMac early careers brand is represented.
• Collaborative partnership working with our Trade Unions regarding all early careers programmes.
• Draw upon expert knowledge of latest apprenticeship/early careers changes whilst bringing new and innovative ideas that help us strive towards a best practice early careers offer.
• Identify and monitor our early career talent trends, reporting back through People Plans and KPIs. Look to continually improve experiences by managing an evaluation process that gathers data and feedback on the early career programme experiences and outcomes.
• Implement and maintain robust third-party supplier management processes for our early career learning providers, ensuring partnering organisations deliver in line with our SLAs and quality standards in a way that best represents the HR strategy
• Research and be responsible for benchmarking our early career programme with a view to continuous improvements and measuring our quality impact.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong relationship building and ability to effectively partner with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as external stakeholders
• Proven experience managing and developing successful early careers/emerging talent programmes.
• Passion for creativity and innovation with a curiosity to learn about early careers talent development
• Excellent planning management and coordination skills.
• Critical thinking through attention to detail and analysis
• Delivery focused with a solutions oriented attitude
• It is desirable however not essential to be a graduate member of the CIPD or equivalent qualification level in Human Resources, Learning and Development or another relevant field.
• Wide experience of managing the full early careers lifecycle, including demand planning, attraction, recruiting, induction, training and technical/personal development.
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.