Award winning CalMac launch Kids Club
Award-winning ferry operator Caledonian MacBrayne (CalMac) has launched a new Kids Club aimed at enhancing the experience of the thousands of children who sail with them every year to and from Scotland's west coast islands.
The club has two levels - CalMac Otters which is targeted at ages 4 to 7 year olds and CalMac Eagles which is targeted at ages 8 to 11 year olds. Membership is priced at £10 per annum and members will be entitled to a host of fantastic benefits including:
• Memberships pack which will include a personalised membership card, branded drawstring bag, activity sheet, colouring pencils, and wristband
• Vouchers for free travel on birthday plus either a free Cub Club or Mini Mariners meal on board
• Access to a dedicated member area online, where they can download colouring in sheets, posters and take part in competitions to win lots of fantastic prizes!
• eNewsletters which include competitions and offers will be sent regularly thought out the year
CalMac's Commercial Director, Cathy Craig said: "This club is a new and exciting initiative for CalMac and will provide a fun, educational experience for children and allow us to show our younger customers that they are every bit as important to us as their parents and other adults. Children will be excited to learn about the geography of our operating routes, the wildlife and places of interest they will see and go to while travelling with us. It may even inspire some to think about working for us."
The new club was formally launched at Bunessan Primary School in Mull and Iona Primary School, where the children had the chance to hear all about CalMac from Captain Richard Littlefield, who is Master with the company. They were also asked to work in groups and draw a ferry.
Notes to Editors
1. Photographs of the launch are available from shelagh.speirs@calmac .co.uk
2. Further information about Caledonian MacBrayne is available at www.calmac.co.uk
3. Caledonian MacBrayne and CalMac are trading names of CalMac Ferries Ltd (CFL). These names are used under licence from Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL). The lion rampant device is used by CFL with the permission of CMAL.
For further information, contact:
CalMac Ferries Ltd