Music Competition Terms and Conditions
CalMac Culture Music. Singer, Solo artist and Band competition 2017
Please note the following important information and terms and conditions.
1) The competition is open only to musicians and performers, over the age of 18, based in the UK who have not signed a contract to a record company, or any contract with any third party record label (or similar). This restriction would not include self-released material whether in the physical format or as a digital release. Self-released means recordings entirely financed by the musicians or performers with no financial assistance from or commercial relationship or agreement with a record label or other investor but always accepting any distribution deal you might have entered into (including iTunes and/or a digital aggregator). In the event of any query or disagreement on what constitutes a valid entry, CalMac's decision is final. You may only enter ONCE. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2) Entries will be accepted online only from 12pm (12:00) on 21 March 2017 until 5pm (17.00) GMT on Tuesday 11 April 2017. Winners will be announced on Wednesday 19 April 2017 at www.calmac.co.uk/music.
3) CalMac is a family brand so this song should not contain offensive material. Any material that CalMac deems offensive, inappropriate or detrimental to CalMac will be removed from the competition and its affiliated digital channels.
4) We guarantee to listen to one whole track of an original video recording of an original song by your musical act; this NEW track can be entered through www.calmac.co.uk/calmac-culture-music-entry by entering a link to your YouTube video entry.
Entries should meet all of the requirements when uploaded to www.calmac.co.uk/calmac-culture-music-entry
A full description given to the video, containing a reference to the competition.
Videos should have the following phrase in the title 'CalMac Culture Music entry' and contain the event hashtag, #CalMacCulture2017
Entries for this competition can only be submitted by completing the form and uploading a URL successfully, the video must have been uploaded to the website during the competition dates.
5) The competition is free to enter.
6) Regrettably we will not be able to enter into any correspondence with competition entrants. However we may contact each competition entrant to give them updates about the competition and information around other social media coverage of the competition. Please make sure your application is clear and complete. You cannot amend the application once it has been submitted, or submit additional songs, so please do not send additional links (or similar) to us.
7) The entry process, judging process and final decisions will follow this procedure:
A shortlist of entrants will be chosen as winners based on a review by an independent judging panel. This judging panel will be made up of representatives of the Scottish festivals.
8) The winner:
- Winners will be chosen by the competition panel of judges by Tuesday 18 April 2017and announced Wednesday 19 April 2017.
- These Winners will be offered the opportunity to perform on one of the stages at Hebridean Celtic Festival, Tiree Music Festival, ButeFest and more to be confirmed at a time, date and stage determined most appropriate by the Festival organisers.
The prize also includes;
Entry to the festival winners will play at and a camping pass, with tent and sleeping bags provided.
Ferry Travel will be provided where relevant.
9) Entrants must agree to the normal requirements placed on performers on the main stages, namely:
To perform at the time notified to them (for the agreed length of time);
Agree to any filming or recording as required;
Work with the Stage Manager and meet all Health and Safety requirements;
Provide safe working equipment
Provide one colour and one black and white press photograph, and one biography (one side A4); both pre-cleared for all media uses.
This competition is open to everyone, you must supply us of any special requirements if needed we can offer a PA ticket for any disabled person requiring to be accompanied by a helper or member of family.
No cash or other alternative prizes are available, and no cash value can be claimed in respect of portions of the prize. No credit will be issued for any monetary value remaining after the prize has been redeemed.
The person for each venue will be decided by the panel of judges on by 18 April 2017. Judges decision is final.
10) If any other Finalists are chosen to play the Festival the final decision as to the most appropriate venue/stage for any selected artist to perform at will be at the discretion of the judges.
11) CalMac will make every effort to ensure the Winner performs at a minimum of one of the identified festivals. However the Festival may, in certain circumstances, have to cancel the performance without consulting the performer and without further liability to the performer.
12) By entering this competition you are agreeing that the details you provide may be used by CalMac for marketing purposes. If you are not happy to receive future marketing and special offer information, please advise us by sending a letter to: CalMac Marketing Department, Ferry Terminal Gourock, PA19 1QP or via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
13) Should winners not be contactable at the contact number or email address provided, CalMac reserves the right to draw an alternative winner.
14) CalMac reserves the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions at their discretion without notice.
16) CalMac Ferries accepts no liability for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transmission. By entering your content you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions.
17) All travel on CalMac Ferries is subject to the Companies Conditions of Carriage.
18) CalMac decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19) This promotion is governed by Scots law.
The promoter is CalMac Ferries Ltd, Digital Events Executive contactable at email@example.com Ferry Terminal, Gourock, PA19 1QP. CalMac and CalMac are trading names of CalMac Ferries Ltd.
© 2017 CalMac. All rights reserved. Caledonian MacBrayne and CalMac are trading names of CalMac Ferries Ltd (CFL). These names are used under licence from Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL). The lion rampant device is used by CFL with the permission of CMAL.