What can you do to travel safely?
What are CalMac's guidelines on travel safety?
We are implementing Scottish Government and Transport Scotland travel and transport guidelines.
These rules include the latest physical distancing guidelines and the requirement to wear a face covering on public transport.
You must now wear a face covering when travelling with us and when you are in our port offices - unless you are exempt from wearing one.
Although COVID-19 is controlled the risk of spreading it still remains.
- Stay at home if you or anyone in your household is experiencing coronavirus symptoms (new continuous dry cough, fever or the loss of or a change in your sense of smell or taste)
- When purchasing your ticket, we are no longer accepting cash. Please either pay by card, or Apple Pay or Google Pay where accepted
- You must wear a face covering when travelling with us and when you are in our port offices - unless you are exempt from wearing one.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser before, during and after every transport journey
- Comply with any signage or instructions on public transport or from transport staff as the safety measures in place are for everyone's benefit
- Whenever possible, keep yourself and others safe by maintaining the latest physical distance guidelines at the Port and on the Ferry
- Where impossible to maintain physical distancing, avoid physical contact and face away from others, keep the time you spend within 2 metres of others as short as possible
- Use a tissue or the inside of your elbow to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Dispose of used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth unless you've just washed your hands
- If you are travelling in a car on some of our ferries, please remain inside the car during the crossing - Find out which ferries
- Be considerate of the impact of restrictions on the needs of fellow passengers who may have impairments, disabilities or mobility issues
- If any problems arise or you feel ill during your journey, speak to a member of staff. In the case of an emergency, contact a member of the staff. Maintaining physical distancing from members of staff where possible.