Oban - Colonsay - Port Askaig - Kennacraig
Saturday 24 June
Due to Westerly winds up to 35 knots forecast in Colonsay, there is a heightened possibility of disruption to this service.
Reason: weather conditions
Last Updated: 24 Jun 2017 07:35
Sunday 16th July to Friday 11th August 2017
BEAR Scotland, on behalf of Transport Scotland, are intending to undertake essential resurfacing works on the A828. Construction is planned to run between the 16th of July and the 11th of August 2017. The proposed work will be carried out overnight between 7pm and 7am, each night as follows:
1. Appin Hall to Tynribbie – 16th July to 18th July;
2. North & South of Keil House – 18th July to 20th July;
3. North & South Creagan Roundabouts – 23rd July to 25th July;
4. Benderloch Garage to 30s & Turning Circle – 26th July to 27th July;
5. Kentallen – 8th August to 10th August;
6. Ballachulish Hotel – 10th August to 11th August.
Due to restricted road widths at these locations, the A828 will be closed in both directions each night during construction hours to ensure the safety of the workforce and members of the travelling public. During these times, traffic will be stacked at either end of the closure and escorted through site as and when is feasible. Alternatively the following diversion routes can be used:
• From Connel continue eastbound on the A85 to Tyndrum – Turn left onto the A82 to South Ballachulish then follow permanent signs thereafter.
• From Ballachulish Roundabout continue southbound on the A82 to Tyndrum – Turn right onto A85 to Connel then follow permanent signs thereafter.
Height Restrictions are in place at Connel Bridge (4.2m and 13”9”) and Achnacloich Bridge (14”0”)
Wednesday 20th September 2017
The 11:35 sailing from Colonsay to Oban will depart on time, but will arrive in Oban at the delayed time of 14:40 due to livestock sales in Uist.