Mallaig - Armadale
Sunday 24th March
The 1600 from Mallaig and the 1645 from Armadale are liable to disruptions/possible cancellation at short notice due to weather conditions.
Reason: weather conditions
Last Updated: 24 Mar 2019 13:50
Extended Closure of the Cooperative Petrol Station, Broadford, Isle of Skye
CalMac passengers travelling to and from the Isle of Skye are advised that the island’s main petrol station at the Cooperative Food Store at Broadford is closed for refurbishment until 27th March 2019. A temporary supply of diesel that has been operational all winter will be terminated at 2200 on 17th March to allow for resurfacing work to be carried so there will be no fuel between 18th and 27th of March. All fuels will be available from 0600 on 27th March. Alternative petrol and diesel filling stations, some with limited hours, are available at the locations shown below:
- A87 Shiel Bridge, Inverinate and Kyle of Lochalsh
- A82 Fort William
- A830 Mallaig, near CalMac ferry terminal
- A851 at Armadale (Sleat) for the Mallaig-Armadale CalMac ferry
- A87 Portree, 300m north of the Aros Centre
- A87 Portree, Dunvegan Road, 250m south of the Portree Cooperative Food Store
- A87 Uig, adjacent to CalMac ferry terminal for services from and to Tarbert, Harris and Lochmaddy, North Uist
Passengers travelling to and from Skye are advised to ensure they have enough fuel for their journey and are advised that many of the filling stations operate business hours only, and some are not open at weekends. Signage will be available across Skye, showing nearest filling stations but passengers are strongly advised to check online ahead of their journey.