Picturesque ruins, and the Museum of the Isles
Armadale Castle is the former seat of the Macdonalds of Sleat and known as the 'spiritual home of Clan Donald'. Romantic castle ruins sit among 40 acres of historic gardens with exotic plants, woodland and scenic walks overlooking the sea. In the award-winning Museum of the Isles, six galleries bring Highlands and Islands history to life through the story of Clan Donald - from its days of medieval glory, the Lords of the Isles, to the clan's emigration around the world. There is also a café, children's play area and two gift shops.
Join in every Thursday afternoon in the school holidays in summer 2022 for hands-on family activities.
We'll be running different fun and creative activities each week, indoors and out. We'll also have giant outdoor games each session (weather permitting) and trails through the gardens. Indoor activities will take place in the Museum (please note the Museum is otherwise closed to visitors this year) and outdoor activities at the ponds and through the gardens. Children must be accompanied by an adult. There's no need to book. Just turn up and have fun!
Activities may be subject to change.
- 7 July: Botanical art. Outdoors: Flower arranging. Indoors: Leaf printing.
- 14 July: Mini beasts. Outdoors: Find and identify insects. Indoors: Paper crafts.
- 21 July: Pond dipping. Outdoors: Find and identify pond life. Indoors: Paper crafts.
- 28 July: Grow your own. Outdoors: Planting seeds. Indoors: Cress heads.
- 4 August: Bee magic. Outdoors: Talk about bees. Indoors: Bee pom-pom.
- 11 August: Natural weaving. Outdoors: Find natural weaving materials. Indoors: Weaving.
- 18 August: Botanical art. Outdoors: Flower arranging. Indoors: Leaf printing.
- 25 August: Mini beasts & pond dipping. Outdoors: Find and identify mini beasts and pond life. Indoors: Paper crafts.
For more on Skye visit our destination page.