Ref 1448-SB Recruitment/HR Assistant
Employing Company: David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited
Position: Recruitment/HR Assistant (12 months fixed term)
Department: HR Services
Reports to: HR Services Supervisor
Rate of Pay: Clerical Grade (dependent on experience)
Contracted Hours: 38 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Date Advertised: 11 September 2019
Closing Date: 25 September 2019
David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited is a Human Resource subsidiarise which supports David MacBrayne Limited (DML). DML is the parent company of two major subsidiary businesses CalMac Ferries Ltd and Solent Gateway Ltd.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the HR Services team as a Recruitment/HR Assistant.
Reporting to the HR Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive support in all aspects of the work in the HR department.
Benefits of a career with David MacBrayne HR (UK) Limited
- A rewarding career
- A competitive salary
- 37 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner and dependent
- Final salary pension scheme
As a Recruitment/HR Assistant within the HR Services team, the role will consist of a mixture of recruitment and admin duties.
The main responsibilities will include:
• scheduling interviews
• booking interview/meeting rooms
• reference checking
• processing travel passes
• typing notes
• scanning of interview documents
• keeping all employee records accurate and up to date
• preparing welcome packs
• preparing value packs
• opening and logging of mail
• other ad-hoc tasks as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Good educational background, good standard of written and spoken English essential
• Degree in Human Resource Management is desirable or ideally working towards
• Computer literate, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
• Numerate, able to manipulate, analyse and present data to provide meaningful management information
• Able to work accurately and demonstrate attention to detail
• Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately to customer queries
• Good problem-solving skills
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and proactive in offering assistance to colleagues
• Experience in administration during an on boarding process
• Experience in recruitment scheduling is advantageous
• High level of aptitude in oral, written and email communication
• Able to work to multiple deadlines and multi-task
• Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
• Efficient in word, excel and databases
• Ability to communicate professionally and always keep hiring managers and others updated
• Min 1 years+ experience in resourcing or administrative in recruitment is desirable
• Confident telephone manner
Our nine key competencies are:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve