Ref 673-SG Third Engineer
EMPLOYING COMPANY: CALMAC CREWING (GUERNSEY) LIMITED
JOB TITLE: Third Engineer (Various Contracts)
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
VACANCY REF: 673-SG
CONTRACT: Fixed Term (3-6 Months)
RATE OF PAY: £47,643
LOCATION: Major Fleet
SHIFT PATTEERN: 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off
DATE ADVERTISED: 28 November 2019
CLOSING DATE: 12 December 2019
The recruitment Information pack is designed to provide you with as much information as possible, relevant to the role and the recruitment process.
CalMac Ferries Limited is an equal opportunities employer; as such our selection processes are designed to promote equality of opportunity for all.
If you have any further queries, please contact HR Services by email email@example.com or by telephone on 01475 650144.
CALEDONIAN MACBRAYNE CREWING (GUERNSEY) LIMITED
Caledonain MacBrayne Crewing (Guernsey) Limited employs and supplies all sea going staff to CalMac Ferries Limited. There are currently 33 ferries serving 52 ports on 29 routes providing 145,000 sailings per year.
CalMac Ferries Limited is the UK's largest ferry operator in terms of ships and destinations served and one of the largest transport operators in Scotland. It is a multi-award winning ferry and port operation and ship management specialist providing essential lifeline services and logistical support to island and remote communities.
For more information please visit our website at www.calmac.co.uk/corporate/about-us.
Applications are invited for the temporary position of Third Engineer, to sail within the CalMac Ferries Limited Fleet.
As Third Engineer, you will be responsible to the Chief Engineer for ensuring that any work carried out is done in a safe and efficient manner whilst following and implementing instructions regarding operational duties, planned maintenance and breakdown / repair tasks.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY TASKS
• Observing the Chief Engineer's standing orders at all times.
• Following the Chief Engineer's instructions regarding watchkeeping duties, planned maintenance tasks to be carried out and breakdown repair work to be done.
• Working under the Chief Engineer's supervision while carrying out these duties.
• Maintaining an efficient watch in the engine room, reporting to the Chief Engineer any operational problems which arise and solving the problems if within his capabilities.
• Ensuring that any work carried out is done in a safe, efficient manner, within the Engineering Department's field of work.
• Any other duties required by the Chief Engineer.
• Be qualified to III/1 OOW unlimited certificate of competency level
• Have a valid ENG1 Medical Certificate (MCA Approved)
• Have all relevant STCW Certificates
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FP&FF)
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Fast Rescue Boat (FRB)
- Crowd and Crisis Management
- ISPS Designated Security Duties
• Be in possession of a III/2 2nd Engineers (unlimited) Certificate of competency
• Persons with experience on medium speed engines would be preferable
The successful candidate should:
• Have experience working with minimal supervision
• Be able to use own initiative to identify and resolve problems
OUR NINE KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
To ensure that we will lead and motivate others to enable them to contribute to the best of their ability.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
To ensure that we weigh the pros and cons of each decision point and take the decision which best meets the objective in hand.
To ensure that we work together to deliver the best we can achieve and our business goals.
To enable everyone to do their job and ensure that our staff are ready for the next step if the opportunity arises.
To ensure that we work in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure that we have the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
To ensure that we have the energy into achieving results and to take action to exceed goals and expectations.
To ensure the safety of ourselves, our teams, our customers and our visitors.
To ensure that we anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers; both internal and external.
To encourage all staff to think of new or innovative ways of working to help the organisation continually improve.
THE SELECTION PROCES:
Please ensure that you complete the on-line applications fully as you can as well as submitting an up-to-date CV. It is important that you demonstrate how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined within the Job Description.
We will evaluate your suitability for the role by assessing your qualifications, skills and experience.
To ensure you are in the best position to perform to your highest standards during our selection process, make sure you review the competencies outlined in the Job Description and have prepared examples of times you have successfully demonstrated these behaviours in the past.
Should you be successful, your offer will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and the provision of two satisfactory references.