Bute timetable changes announced
Ferry operator CalMac has announced details of timetable changes on the Wemyss Bay-Rothesay route while the harbour owner carries out essential improvement work.
Argyll and Bute Council has confirmed that works to install wave screens to the harbour wall at the linkspan berth at Rothesay will start on Thursday, April 4, for 13 weeks.
The linkspan will not be available for overnight berthing for the duration of the works, resulting in an amended timetable to run, as one vessel will need to tie up overnight in Gourock.
The following timetabled sailings will be cancelled throughout the works:
· Monday to Friday departing Rothesay at 07:00
· Saturday departing Rothesay at 08:00M
· Monday to Thursday departing Wemyss Bay at 19:15
· Friday and Saturday departing Wemyss Bay at 20:00
· Sunday departing Wemyss Bay at 19:00
Note: A 07:00 sailing from Rothesay will operate on Thursday 4 April due to operational reasons.
We are pleased that Argyll and Bute Council have agreed on access to the overnight berth during local holiday events to ensure capacity is maximised on the occasions where it is most required during the following peak times.
· Good Friday 19 Apr 2019
· Early May Bank Holiday 03 May 2019
· Late May Bank Holiday 24 May 2019
On the following dates the Saturday sailings will operate as normal
· Friday 19 April 20:00 departing Wemyss Bay
· Saturday 20 April 08:00 departing Rothesay
· Friday 3 May 20:00 departing Wemyss Bay
· Saturday 4 May 08:00 departing Rothesay
· Friday 24 May 20:00 departing Wemyss Bay
· Saturday 25 May 08:00 departing Rothesay
For more information: calmac.co.uk/service-changes/rothesayquay